Effective 15th April 2020
F4L-NL bv - “we”, “us”, “our” - inter alia trades as Finance4Learning and is hereinafter referred to as “Finance4Learning” and the “Company”. The Company is registered in the Netherlands under Chamber of Commerce number 7503-6800.
- When visiting the Company’s website;
- When using the Company’s online services;
- When entering into an agreement with the Company and/or another third party;
- When you request the Company to forward information about yourself to third party credit providers for loan or credit application purposes;
- When you correspond, or communicate with the Company over the telephone or in any other manner including by letter, facsimile, or email;
- In addition to collecting personal information directly from you, we may also obtain personal information about you from third party sources such as our finance providers and other third party service providers;
Failure by you to provide personal information when requested by the Company may mean that we are unable to provide certain services and products to you.
The Company gathers three types of information about you, namely:
- Aggregated information generated by our systems - or third party systems - to track our website traffic but that which does not identify you personally;
- Personal information about you such as your name, contact information, including email address, and in some cases, your billing details and general financial and credit information; and
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
The type of information that the Company collects about you is dependent on how you use the services offered on our website and the products you are interested in purchasing through the Company.
Generally, the Company does not collect ‘sensitive information’ about you. Sensitive information includes - but is not limited to - information about your race or ethnic origin, your religion and your sexual preferences.
The Company will only collect sensitive information about you in the event that it is necessary for the purpose of providing you with a product or service. In such circumstances, the Company will only collect sensitive information with your consent unless we are required by law to collect such information from you.
Collection of aggregate data
The Company also collects non-personal information in aggregate form to track data such as the total number of visits to our website, the number of visits to specific areas of our website and the domain names of our website visitors’ internet service providers.
We use this information, which remains in aggregate form, to understand how our website visitors use our website so that we can constantly improve and enhance our services.
Your Internet provider - IP - address
The Company’s web servers provide us with your IP address - this assists us in the diagnosis of problems and or support issues with our services.
Cookies and applets
The Company uses ‘cookies’ and ‘applets’ in its website systems. These enable you to use services such as free demonstrations. You are able to disable cookies and applets via your computer’s web browser however this will restrict access to some web pages and services within the Company’s website.
The Company may collect personal information about you when you visit our website and you elect to use our online services when you register as a Registered User with us. Personal information may also be collected when you enter into a contract with the Company, when you download brochures, visit the Company’s websites and communicate with the Company over the telephone or correspond with the Company via Skype, letter or email or any other mode of communication. The Company may also collect personal information about you from our finance providers and other third party (financial, marketing etc.) service providers.
The Company may use your personal information for one or more of the following purposes:
- to communicate with you, including via email newsletters;
- to facilitate and process contracts between yourself and The Company and/or third parties;
- to identify the number of people using the Company’s website services and establish the nature of their interests;
- to facilitate Finance4Learning registration;
- to conduct Finance4Learning marketing activities;
- to provide you with information about the Company and its services and products;
- to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
The Company may also disclose your personal information to third party contractors who perform services for us including the management and maintenance of our information systems.
Where your personal information is passed on to third party contractors, The Company takes reasonable steps to ensure that these individuals and/or organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Other than as outlined above, the Company will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Upon your request, The Company will provide you with access to your personal information unless there is an exception which applies under the General Data Protection Regulation, Data Protection Act 2018 and other relevant - if any - regulations. If we deny such access, we will tell you why.
The Company strives to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date at all times.
If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or no longer up to date, or you wish for your details to be removed from the website, please contact us at email@example.com so that we may take reasonable steps to address this and/or discuss alternative options with you.
The Company regularly reviews and implements new security and encryption technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
Whilst the Company strives to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or obtain from our online products or services. Accordingly, use is at your own risk.
Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
In the event of a personal breach we will ensure that the effects of such breach are minimised and shall liaise with you as appropriate. More information is available from the data protection officer who may be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Company’s website contains links to other websites. Please note that these links are intended for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute endorsement, sponsorship or approval by the Company of the content, policies or practices of those third party websites. If you have any concerns regarding your privacy when visiting a linked third party, you should ensure that you check the privacy statement/policies of those websites.
The Company will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any personal information about you once the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or as authorised or required by law.
For further information about the protection of your privacy, please visit the relevant governmental websites relevant to your geographical area.
The Company welcomes ideas and feedback about all aspects of the Company’s website. This feedback may be used to administer and refine the services we provide and may be shared with the Company’s partners either in aggregate form or with specific identifying characteristics removed.